him talk, and its clear the city influenced more than his college selection:Once I got into the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Apr 16

SUNRISE, Fla. Paul Molitor Jersey . -- Right winger Jaromir Jagr, who at 44 is the grand old man of Florida Panthers hockey, has a groin injury and is questionable to play Monday night against the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning.He had a little bit of cramp in his groin, Panthers coach Gerard Gallant told the media on Sunday. I dont think its anything too serious. But he is sore. Hes day to day.Another issue for the Panthers is goalie Roberto Luongo, who has lost four games in a row. He has allowed 12 goals in those four losses.The Panthers say they are not concerned about Luongos play. But you have to wonder if the 37-year-old is starting to lose a bit off his proverbial fastball in his 18th NHL season.Florida, which won the Atlantic Division last season, is off to a poor start with a 5-6-1 record. They are last in the Atlantic, already 10 points behind the first-place Montreal Canadiens.The Lightning (7-4-1) have 15 points and are in second place in the Atlantic, six points behind Montreal.Tampa Bay has played the Panthers just once this season, defeating Florida 4-3 in a shootout.The Lightning are coming off a 4-1 win over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. Still, Tampa Bay is worried about its consistently slow starts.In 12 games, the Lightning has led just twice after one period. They have trailed six times and played to a scoreless draw on four occasions.The Lightning tends to turn the puck over far too often in opening periods, and that keeps them from getting out on that attack.Thats what happened in Saturdays first period as Tampa Bay trailed New Jersey 1-0 after the opening 20 minutes.Its an issue, Lightning coach Jon Cooper told the media. Theres no question.Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (5-3-0) has been solid -- he had 37 saves against the Devils. But his goals-against average (3.01) is high for him. His GAA was 2.06 last season.Perhaps Luongo is not the only goalie with something to prove on Monday.Offensively, Tampa Bay has a deep and dangerous group of forwards, led by Steven Stamkos, who signed an eight-year contract extension in the offseason that will pay him $8.5 million per season on average.Stamkos has seven goals and seven assists this season, and his 14 points are second on the team behind Nikita Kucherov (four goals, 11 assists, 15 points).Defenseman Victor Hedman, who also signed a big-money extension in the offseason -- eight years, $7.9 million per season, is the teams third-leading scorer. He has three goals and seven assists.For Florida, its top three scorers are all surprises: forwards Jon Marchessault (six goals, six assists), Vincent Trocheck (six goals, two assists) and Colton Sceviour (five goals, three assists).Marchessault and Sceviour werent even with the team last season, both signing low-money, two-year free-agent contracts on July 1.Some of the teams bigger names are injured and out long term (forwards Jonathan Huberdeau, Jussi Jokinen and Nick Bjugstad), out with a nagging injury (Jagr, possibly) or slumping (star center Aleksander Barkov has two goals and three assists).Luongo (3-5-0) hasnt been as sharp as normal, but his GAA isnt terrible at 2.53.What ails Luongo and the team overall is nothing that couldnt be greatly helped with a win on Monday night.In other news regarding the game:The Panthers waived defenseman Steven Kampfer and recalled defenseman Jakub Kindl, 29, from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.Kampfer had been a healthy scratch for 11 of the Panthers 12 games this season.Kindl, a native of the Czech Republic, was the Detroit Red Wings first-round pick, No. 19 overall, in 2005. Last season, he had two assists in 19 games for the Panthers and two goals and four assists in 25 games for Detroit.The Lightning recalled forward Cory Conacher from AHL Syracuse. With forward Jonathan Drouin listed as day to day with an injury, Conachers presence provides insurance for Tampa Bay. Bert Blyleven Jersey .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Minnesota Twins Jerseys . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.baseballtwinsprostore.com/twins-joe-mauer-jersey/ .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Connor Fields saw this day coming. His 14-year-old self did, anyway. Thats when, seven years into a blossoming BMX racing career, he took a black Sharpie into his parents garage and predicted the future. I wrote, One day I will become an Olympic champion, on one of the walls, Fields recounted Friday afternoon, moments after becoming the first American to win Olympic gold in BMX racing. I cant wait to go home to my moms house and take a picture holding this medal up next to those words.When Fields, now 23, scribbled that promise, BMX racing was not yet an Olympic sport (it debuted in 2008). But he believed the day wasnt far off, and he knew he wanted to be a part of the team once it was. Of course, there were times when Fields forgot that brazen childhood prediction, when his 19-year-old self was too disappointed in his finish at the London Games to believe he still had gold buried inside or when, after injuring his wrist in May, his 23-year-old self doubted 2016 would be his year.I would be lying if I said there werent dark times or there wasnt doubt in my mind, Fields said. It was all a blessing in disguise. They say adversity makes you stronger if you let it. I think thats true.Four months ago, Fields had surgery to repair a break in his left wrist and missed the latter half of the season. He watched as Nic Long, who finished fourth in Rio, secured his spot on the U.S. team with a third-place finish at the world championships. Then Fields gritted his teeth as the remaining field of hopefuls duked it out at the U.S. trials. 2012 alternate Corben Sharrah won that race, but if he hadnt, USA BMX director Jamie Staff would have had a hard time making a case for using his coachs pick on Fields instead of Sharrah, who just missed making the final in Rio.Those were the hardest months, Fields said. Because it was out of my control.Since being named to the team, Fields has been focused and confident, saying his seventh-place finish in London taught him the importance of gearing up for every race; no matter how well you ride in semis, a medal is not guaranteed and, above all, start strong.London taught me that the Olympic race comes down to two races, Fields said. Theres the race to get into the final. And then in the final, everything is wiped off the board. Once I was in the final, my mindset changed. I was going for first, second, third or broke. I was in a good mental place. As I was walking up to the start, my coach said, Remember how you felt inn London? Remember how bad that sucked? Heres your chance. Custom Minnesota Twins Jerseys. Go get it.Trailing eventual silver medalist Jelle van Gorkom of the Netherlands out of the gate, Fields said he saw daylight heading into the second turn before instincts hes honed over 16 years of racing took over. I found the hole and got in front, he said. When I exited the last corner, I realized I was winning, and 70 meters in front of me was an Olympic gold medal. I was like, Get to the line. Get to the line. Get to the line. Then I just dropped to my knees. I couldnt believe it.Fields win is an historic one for an American team that enters each Olympics with the great expectation that comes with representing the country that gave birth to the sport. But until Friday, the U.S. had yet to win an Olympic gold medal, and this same five-rider team failed to medal at all in London. Rio marks the USAs most successful showing yet. Returning Olympian Alise Post took silver, the best finish for an American woman at the Games, and Long and Brooke Crain finished fourth.We had great results as a team, Post said. This was 100 percent different than in London. We were all first-time Olympians the last time around. Were more experienced now and it showed. Im so proud of our team.When asked by a reporter if there were times this season when Fields believed this moment wouldnt be possible, that his hand would never heal in time, he said his hand wasnt healed. Its still broken, he said I knew if I crashed again, I could damage it permanently. But I had confidence in myself. If Im not going to bet on myself, who is?Fields grew up in Las Vegas. When he isnt training with the U.S. team in Chula Vista, California, he lives in Vegas in the house he bought shortly after the London Olympics and is a part-time student at UNLV. But listen to him talk, and its clear the city influenced more than his college selection:Once I got into the final, I smiled to myself and said, Here we go. I put all my cards on the table and had the best start of my life.They say adversity makes you stronger if you let it. I didnt even know Id be here until two months ago, I changed coaches four months ago. I was injured. But at the end of the day, you have to bet big to win big. I bet on myself today. When they said Olympic champion and my name, it was surreal. If only my 14-year-old self could see me now. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Jerseys From China ' ' '