Stepanova is due to return to competition Wednesday | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 11

/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">PARIS - Canadian Milos Raonic passed his first test at Roland Garros, powering into the second round of the French Open with a victory over Xavier Malisse on Sunday. 

Air Max 90 Clearance/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., beat Belgiums Malisse 6-2, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 in the match that was decided in just under two hours. The 14th-seeded Raonic, who reached the third round a year ago, missed on a chance to serve it out leading 5-2 in the fourth set, but quickly won the match on his next chance as he finished with a 16th ace. Raonic roared out to a fast start, winning the first two sets in just 44 minutes combined. "I had my chances early on," he said. "I had a lot of deuce games and two break chances at the end. But I felt like I just let the grip go a little bit. He got into it (in the third set), he was playing well. "I was settling a little bit too much in the rally points hitting backhands, whereas the first two sets I was trying really to find my forehand as much as I could." Raonic converted on six of his nine break chances against the 54th-ranked Malisse and fired 61 winners. The Canadian, who improved his French Open record to 3-2 with the win, awaits the winner of the match between Frances Michael Llodra and Steve Darcis of Belgium. Ivan Ljubicic was among the spectators for Sundays win. The Croatian coach is working with Raonic "as a friend" on a trial basis through Paris after the player split this month with Spaniard Galo Blanco, Raonics coach since late 2010. Temperatures hovered around a chilly 10 C. "Its better than the last few days, for sure, but its pretty cold compared to the conditions I have played in the clay court season until now," Raonic said. Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., Jesse Levine of Ottawa, and Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil all begin their French Open campaigns on Tuesday. Wholesale Air Max Shoes/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Nike Air Max 95 Clearance/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. http://www.airmaxclearance.us//>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- The highest court in sports will use a fast-track procedure to hear Russias appeal against the ban on its track and field athletes from the Olympics, saying Monday that a ruling would be issued July 21.The Russian Olympic Committee and the IAAF, track and fields world governing body, said Sunday that Russias appeal on behalf of 68 athletes would be heard July 19 at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.The parties have agreed to an expedited procedure which should conclude on 21 July 2016 with the issuance of the final decision, the CAS said in a statement Monday.The Olympics open in Rio de Janeiro on Aug. 5.The appeal focuses on a challenge to the rule that athletes cannot compete internationally if their national track and field federation is suspended, as Russias is. It does not seek to overturn the suspension of Russias federation.The CAS said the appeal seeks to secure Olympic participation for any Russian athlete who is not currently the subject of any period of ineligibility for the commission of an anti-doping rule violation.Russian officials have said the IAAF ban unfairly excludes athletes who have not been linked to doping. The IAAF, however, says the entire Russian system has been corrupted by widespread doping and it is impossible to prove who is clean.Alexandra Brilliantova, the Russian committees legal head, said the 68 athletes covered by the appeal were of absolutely flawless reputation, not involved in doping scandals, not linked to certain ccoaches. Nike Air Max Outlet/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">. Brilliantova acknowledged the list had been cut from 69 athletes after Olympic high jump champion Anna Chicherova was provisionally suspended after her 2008 Olympic sample came back positive in retesting.The 68, chosen by the suspended Russian track federation, were also in an international testing pool and met relevant qualifying standards in their events, Brilliantova said.The IAAF suspended Russia in November after a World Anti-Doping Agency report detailed widespread, state-sponsored doping in Russian track and field. The ban was upheld by the IAAF in a vote last month.The track organization approved a new rule allowing Russians to apply to compete as neutral athletes in Rio if they can show they have been based outside the country and subject to testing from a respected, non-Russian anti-doping agency.More than 80 Russians have applied for this procedure, but only a handful are likely to be eligible.The IAAF has already approved an application from Russian athlete and whistleblower Yulia Stepanova, whose testimony of doping within the Russian team, including undercover footage of apparent doping confessions, formed an important part of the evidence against Russia in the WADA investigation.Stepanova is due to return to competition Wednesday at the European championships in Amsterdam, racing in the 800 meters as a neutral athlete. Cheap NFL Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap Jerseys From China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Wholesale Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> NFL Cheap Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> ' ' '