Roberts on its 53-man roster by trading receiver Jeremy Kerley | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Dec 4

PHILADELPHIA -- Tanner Roark wont fly under the radar the way hes pitching. Womens Blue Jackets Jerseys .Roark threw seven impressive innings, Jayson Werth hit a solo homer and the Washington Nationals beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 on Monday night.Roark (14-7) allowed four singles and struck out five. Marc Rzepczynski tossed a perfect eighth and Mark Melancon finished off the four-hitter.It would be fine if people dont notice because maybe he can surprise some people, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said. I dont think he really cares. He just wants the victories.The wins are piling up for Roark, who went from winning 15 games in 2014 to pitching in relief last year. Hes more focused on helping the NL East-leading Nationals win the division.August is a grinder month, Roark said. Everybody has to stay locked in. We all have bumps and bruises but we have to keep going.Phillies rookie Jake Thompson (1-4) allowed two runs and seven hits in seven innings. It was the longest and best of his five career starts.Werth lined a solo shot to left in the first against his former team. It was his third homer in four games. A member of Philadelphias 2008 World Series championship team, Werth was greeted by boos, as usual.Home runs come in streaks. When you start hitting a couple, you think about it, Baker said. I knew he was locked in watching him in BP. He was hitting them out and keeping them low.Bryce Harper raced home from first on Anthony Rendons single to left-center to make it 2-0 in the first. Clint Robinson and Trea Turner had RBI singles off Frank Herrmann in the ninth.Thompson settled in nicely after a rough start. His last pitch was a nasty curve that froze Turner for strike three.It was night and day from my performance in the first four (starts), Thompson said. Its kind of a relief. It feels a lot better.Roark didnt need much support. The righty stifled the Phillies again. Hes 3-0 with a 0.64 ERA against them this season.The Nationals snapped a two-game losing streak. They have a nine-game lead over the Marlins and Mets.DIVISION DOMINANCEWashington is 36-16 against the rest of the NL East. Its the best division record in the majors.ROSTER MOVESOF Michael A. Taylor was recalled from Triple-A Syracuse by the Nationals. RHP Lucas Giolito was optioned down.ODUBEL ON THE MOVEPhillies All-Star CF Odubel Herrera will likely play a corner outfield spot in winter ball. Manager Pete Mackanin has been impressed with Aaron Altherr in center and prospect Roman Quinn also plays there.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: RHP Stephen Strasburg threw a bullpen session one week after he was placed on the DL with elbow soreness. Strasburg is expected to return to the rotation when hes eligible.UP NEXTRHP Max Scherzer (14-7) starts for the Nationals against RHP Jerad Eickhoff (9-12) on Tuesday night. Scherzer is 6-1 against the Phillies in nine career starts. Eickhoff had 10 strikeouts in his only career start vs. Washington on Sept. 25, 2015. Blue Jackets Jerseys Store . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. White Blue Jackets Jerseys . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. http://www.authenticbluejacketsshopnhl.com/ . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Andre Roberts believes in second chances. Fortunately for the Lions receiver, quarterback Matthew Stafford is willing to dish them out.Roberts, who signed a one-year contract with Detroit in June after being cut by the Redskins, made a crucial 20-yard reception late in Sundays game to set up the go-ahead touchdown in a 20-17 win over Washington.Detroit trailed by four with less than a minute left and Roberts delivered, leaping high for a 12-yard pass from Stafford. He tipped the ball to himself, brought it down and ran an additional eight yards to the Redskins 18. Two plays later, Stafford connected with Anquan Boldin for an 18-yard touchdown, giving the Lions (4-3) their third consecutive victory in dramatic fashion.Roberts acrobatic grab provided redemption after he dropped a deep pass in the second quarter.It was a very fine bounce-back catch, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Monday. Often times, you dont get that opportunity.Roberts only had four receptions for 29 yards entering Sundays game against his former team.Were all human, he said. We might drop one ball every once in a while, but were going to get the opportunity to catch another one. Things happen so fast in a game. I completely forgot about it.Roberts had to make an adjustment on the fourth-quarter reception when Staffords throw sailed a little high.You concentrate the same, whether you catch it the first time or bobble it, Roberts said. I just wanted to come down with the catch, regardless of how it was being caught.Boldin was not surprised by Roberts ability to rebound in a critical situation.That was big for us, but we expected that out of him, Boldin said. I dont think Matt hesitaated to go back to Dre, just because he had a drop. Blue Jackets Jerseys For Sale. Matt is pretty confident with the guys we have out there. Hes going to give you a chance.Roberts has been a welcome addition, giving the Lions a versatile receiver in the post-Calvin Johnson era, plus an important special teams player. Roberts, among the NFL leaders in punt returns, had an 85-yard touchdown return at Chicago in Week 4. Detroit made room for Roberts on its 53-man roster by trading receiver Jeremy Kerley to San Francisco in late August and cutting TJ Jones.Hes learning, developing, Caldwell said of Roberts. Hes an integral part of what we do. Were lining up in four wides more than weve done previously; thats because we think hes certainly capable. He even returns punts and kicks. Very important role he plays.Getting targets from Stafford can prove difficult with so many playmakers on the Lions offense. Receiver Marvin Jones leads with 33 receptions, followed by Boldin (32), Golden Tate (31), Theo Riddick (26) and Eric Ebron (18). Riddick missed the last two games with an ankle injury and Ebron missed three games with ankle and knee issues.I have to keep myself in the game, keep myself involved, Roberts said. I come in for the other guys, so I am involved. I play every position. I understand that my role may be limited, but I have to make the most of my opportunities.Making a big play against the Redskins was even more rewarding.It was definitely sweet being against my old team, Roberts said. Getting a win and making a pretty big catch in the game, it feels good. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '