brings his A game, hell run reall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Dec 4

FRISCO, Texas -- Tony Romo is healthy enough to play, but the Dallas Cowboys quarterback is not expected to be active Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, sources told ESPNs Adam Schefter and Adam Caplan. Cheap Nike Shox Monster .Romo went through his second straight full practice Thursday, working with the scout team. He returned to practice last week on a limited basis as he comes back from a compression fracture in his back suffered during a preseason game Aug. 25.Coach Jason Garrett has been noncommittal on Romos return this week. On Wednesday, ESPNs Ed Werder reported Romo had been medically cleared and that the decision to be active is now in the hands of the coaches.With Tony, its just a day-by-day evaluation, Garrett said. He had a good [Wednesday]. It followed with what he had done last week. Hes moving around well. Hes throwing the ball well. Well just see what hes able to do [Thursday] and make our evaluation from there.Offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said the Cowboys would go over the game-day roster on Saturday as a staff.I think hes able to do everything, Linehan said. Again, we evaluate it after the day and see how [Thursday] went. Each day I think he does a little more. Weve been encouraged with the response hes been able to have physically coming back the next day. Hes getting better and getting stronger. Were real encouraged where he is right now.Rookie Dak Prescott will remain the Cowboys starter against the Steelers. He has Dallas atop the NFC with a 7-1 record, and the Cowboys can match a team record Sunday with their eighth straight win. Prescott has 12 touchdown passes and two interceptions. He has also run for four TDs.Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones position has evolved regarding who will be the teams starting quarterback when Romo is fully healthy. Jones said Romo is the No. 1 quarterback as recently as Oct. 9 but acknowledged the team will take into account the chemistry of the club during its ongoing winning streak.Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones said the Cowboys might never have a final answer on the quarterback decision.Anybody with any sense knows that Tony would like to be playing, Jones said. You understand what a competitor he is. Thats that. The key thing that I want to emphasize [is] that we probably are never going to have this totally sorted out. Were going to play it by ear, play it as it comes. We can do that, and to do it really right for the advantage of the team, which we deserve, hes really got to be ready to go at the top of his game. We have the luxury of getting him that ready. And when we do that, weve got an edge that can take us a long way. I think what youre going to have is, youre going to see Tony playing really well at practice, really being what he can be, which is in my mind, when hes healthy, I dont know that I would trade him for anybody. Cheap Nike Shox r5 Shoes Sale . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. Nike Shox r5 Shoes UK .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. http://www.cheapshoxsaleuk.com/nike-shox-oz-all-black-cheap.html . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Okay, Mark Casse -- freshly christened member of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame, trainer of Tepin, Catch a Glimpse, and Lexie Lou, among others -- think youre hot stuff? Lets see what you can do with the enigmatic Noble Bird against Frosted on Saturday in the 89th running of the Whitney at Saratoga.Talk about bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.Of course, Casse does not think hes hot stuff, but when reached Thursday morning at Saratoga, he was still glowing from the Hall of Fame ceremonies the night before at the Mississagua Convention Centre near Woodbine. He was gracious and grateful in his acceptance speech, noting in awe the company of trainers he has joined that includes Lucien Laurin, Horatio Luro, and Roger Attfield, and his thank-yous were liberally spread among his owners, his horses, and the stable crews of his several training outposts.What Casse could not do, however, was finish his speech. With his voice cracking with emotion, he turned the podium over to his wife and racing partner, Tina Casse, and stood aside while she read his dedication to his father, the widely respected horseman Norman Casse, who died this year.With this honor, I spent a lot of time in reflection, Casse said. It seems that time is flying by now, but as you look back, as its going, sometimes its a little hard to enjoy it. As Allen Jerkens said when he was asked if everything was okay: When youre a horse trainer, everything is never okay.At 55, Casse was in his first year of eligibility for the Canadian Hall. The native of Indiana got there by winning the Woodbine training title 11 times, eight Sovereign Awards, and Canadian Horse of the Year with Sealy Hill, Uncaptured, Lexie Lou, and Catch a Glimpse. Taking Breeders Cup races last year with Catch a Glimpse and the champion Tepin didnt hurt either.Someone came up to me about a year ago and said how wonderful it must be to train all those good horses, Casse said. I just smiled and said yes. But as we all know, there is always something to worry about. Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining. And I love my life. But Ill tell you one thing: Ive grown to have a greater respect for Bob Baffert and Todd Pletcher and those kind of guys.The feeling should be mutual. Casse first penetrated the North American top 10 in earnings in 2011 and has been there since, currently rolling fourth behind Pletcher, Chad Brown, and Steven Asmussen.With his assistant and son, Norman Casse, the elder Casse rocked the racing world last spring wwhen they sent out Robert Mastersons Tepin to beat the best milers Europe could muster in the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot. Cheap Nike Shox Nz Black And White. The mare has been back in steady training, looking for a path to a defense of her title in the Breeders Cup Mile.Shes been struggling a bit with Saratogas main track -- its so deep and tiring, Casse said. So, were trying to figure out how to cope with that and get her ready for whatever is next. But were dealing with it, and shell be fine.While Tepin has been as reliable as the dawn, John Oxleys Noble Bird has been a puzzlement. Making his 17th start, the 5-year-old son of Travers winner Birdstone finds himself among five entered against Frosted in the $1.25 million Whitney, at 1 1/8 miles on the main track.All Casse and his jockey, Julien Leparoux, need to do is flip the 18 lengths or so that separated Frosted and Noble Bird at the end of the Met Mile at Belmont Park on June 11. That was the day Frosted freaked, winning by an official 14-1/4 lengths in a performance so off-the-wall remarkable that it stole the show from the featured Belmont Stakes and anything else that happened in horse racing that day.Its not a matter of finding those 18 lengths in Noble Bird, Casse said. What we need is for Frosted not to go throwing a 123 Beyer at us again. If he could regress a little bit, that would be very helpful.To describe Noble Bird as inconsistent is an understatement. Casse thought he had a classic colt on his hands when Noble Bird was a 3-year-old, but he did not win a maiden race until August of that year in his fifth start. At 4, he defeated Lea and Hoppertunity in the Stephen Foster Handicap, and this year he won the Pimlico Special by 11-1/4 lengths. In between, though, there were sprinkled grim efforts that baffled both Casse and his jockeys.Hes the toughest horse to ride Ive ever trained, Casse said. He can make good riders look bad. He breaks a little slow, and then he wants to run off. But if you take too much of a hold, hell stick his head straight up in the air, and the rider will fall back on the saddle.But he is a Grade 1 winner, Casse added, and he loves Saratoga. Hell work as good as a horse can work over that surface. So, if he brings his A game, hell run really well. If he doesnt, it doesnt matter where you run him. It doesnt make sense, so you might as well run for a lot of money. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '