Only four of us from that team -- Abbas Ali Baig, Bapu Nadkarni, Chan | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Dec 1

Glasgow head coach Gregor Townsend claims the whole of Scottish rugby should take inspiration from their back-to-back victories over French champions Racing 92. DeMarcus Lawrence Jersey .Warriors followed up last weekends Paris triumph with a 23-7 European Champions Cup victory over last years runners-up at Scotstoun.Glasgow were 60 seconds away from getting a clean sheet before Xavier Chauveau crossed but Warriors moved top of Pool A in some style, although Munster have two games in hand, starting with Saturdays fixture against Leicester.Townsend said: Its a huge achievement, says a lot about our players and their ability, and not just in attack and defence, the set-piece and the intelligence of their decisions.Its a great statement to say to our players, to say to people in Scottish rugby, that we can take on the best and beat them.We just have to take that on in the next two games. We looked at four or five wins as a necessity to get out the group. We have got three now, we have two games to go, which will be very tough.Glasgow were utterly dominant in the first half, crossing through Josh Strauss and Fraser Brown inside 13 minutes and went 23-0 up inside 47 minutes when scrum-half Ali Price grabbed his third try in three matches.But they were pushed back for the last half hour and never really threatened to claim a bonus point.We set ourselves really high standards and in the first 50 minutes we achieved them, said Townsend, who revealed man-of-the-match Finn Russell was a late injury doubt after suffering a calf strain in the warm-up.The last half hour we didnt play as well. We know we will have to play 80-minutes rugby when Munster come calling. They are playing outstanding rugby.Before the game, I said it was going to go right down to the wire and didnt think it would be a bonus-point game given how good their defence has been in the last few seasons. So to even be talking about it seems bizarre but we will look at how we can improve that last 30 minutes. Nike DeMarcus Lawrence Jersey . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. DeMarcus Lawrence Jersey Cowboys . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. http://www.demarcuslawrencejersey.com/ . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Nari Contractor c bottom b Davidson, day three, India v Australia, Kanpur, 1959.The first recollection about this match is I dont how I got those 74 runs in the second innings. In that match, 40 wickets fell, of which 22 [23] batsmen never got into double figures -- it was that bad a wicket. That was a damp-ish pitch; every day in the morning something from the bottom would come up.The East stand had a partition -- on one side were the men, on the other side were the ladies. Somebody would throw something from one end and the other section would respond in the same way. That jhagda [quarrel] was going on all the time.Alan Davidson was fast-ish and was a left-arm bowler. When he would bowl over the wicket, he would come and spin the ball, and it would go over here [the head] and hit you here [points to the chest]. One strategy that I would adopt was I would stand outside the leg stick. Because the ball was coming in so sharply, once it pitched on middle and leg I knew it was going to go on this side [outside leg]. I got out before lunch [on the third day].I rank this innings as my best because it helped my team beat Australia for the first time since 1947. There was [danger of bodily harm] because of which we didnt know what to do. One ball would go over the head while the other one would stay low. That innings required a lot of concentration. Every ball you said [to yourself] you survived. Suppose I point a gun at you and say I am going to shoot at you any time, what will you do? It was like that. Richie [Benaud] and Alan Davidson bowled beautifully.The most tragic part or comic part of the innings was when I was on 74. Alan Davidson was bowling over the wicket from the far end, and he bowled a legbreak which was a little short. I hooked it with all my might -- it could not have been a more perfect shot -- and as soon as the ball hit my bat I said to myself four runs. But here, Neil Harvey, who was fielding [a little] far at short leg, turned to save himself and the ball got caught between his bottom.Richie Benaud, from the leg slip, said,, Neil, hold on, hold on and plucked the ball out of his bottom! The ball was slowly coming down, and Neil never even moved to try to catch it -- he knew he might touch it and the ball might fall; it was caught bottom, bowled Davidson! I could not move from the crease for 10-15 seconds out of disbelief. Youth DeMarcus Lawrence Jersey. [I didnt feel it was a match-winning knock] at that time as the Australian innings was to come next, and we hadnt done very well either. They had to get 225, which you dont expect this Australian team not to get. There were not many verbal incidents, but [for] a little abuse here and there. Everybody was very tense, but the only thing we were told was fielding had to be tight and every catch had to be taken.It was a tight series, but they were the better side. But to beat Australia for the first time was a great achievement. In the evening, three or four of us met in a room and had a drink, but there were no celebrations. We had to catch the train at 7.30 in the night, so we were packing and running about. Back then, we did not have our return reservations to come back to Mumbai. As a matter of fact, one or two of us spread the bedding on the floor and slept on the first-class. This win gave us that push, but slowly that slope downwards started till we beat England in India in a series for the first time in 1960-61.The best tribute I got was at the end of the series from Richie Benaud after the Kolkata Test, that at that stage I was one of the finest opening batsman in the world. I was friendly with Alan Davidson, Neil Harvey, Richie Benaud and Normal O Neil. We had a dinner together at my place during the Bombay Test.Innings toh reminisce hota hi nahin [I dont reminisce these knocks]. Only four of us from that team -- Abbas Ali Baig, Bapu Nadkarni, Chandu Borde -- are still alive. Who else will remember? What baffles me even after all these years is how Neil Harvey caught me!As told to Arun Venugopal Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '