Ryen said. I have no fear of catching a punt. I always think of the outcome | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 1

/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">BLACKSBURG, Va. 

Adidas Patrice Bergeron Jersey/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . -- Justin Fuentes new offense is getting a lot of attention during a three-game winning streak that has lifted Virginia Tech back into the national rankings, but the No. 17 Hokies defense cannot be overlooked at all.The Hokies (4-1, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) have scored 132 points in the streak, including 49 against a Boston College team that was among the nations defense leaders. But Virginia Tech has also allowed just 20 points in the games, and 17 of them came in mop-up time during a 54-17 victory against East Carolina.The Hokies, who limited high-powered North Carolina to just 131 yards in a 34-3 victory Saturday , have the nations No. 2 pass defense (allowing 132 yards per game) and the No. 3 overall defense (allowing just 238 yards per game).Its what longtime defensive coordinator Bud Foster was hoping to see after a subpar performance in 2015.Im not really surprised, redshirt junior linebacker Andrew Motuapuaka said Monday. Coach Foster is a genius and were just always confident in his game plan and stuff like that, and execute whatever he wants.The first 17 of the opponents points came after Virginia Tech led East Carolina 38-0 at halftime on its way to a 54-17 victory . The last three came Saturday as the Hokies limited a high-powered Tar Heels team to 131 yards.In Fosters constant drive for perfection, his players know better than to think they have it figured out, even though they have risen from an afterthought to No. 17 in the country and looking like Coastal Division contenders.The Hokies (4-1, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) will try to bolster their credentials further on Saturday at Syracuse (2-4, 0-2), where the Orange are running a new, fast-paced and potent offense, but struggle on defense.First-year Hokies coach Justin Fuente said he learned long ago, while serving as the offensive coordinator under Gary Patterson at TCU, that a wise head coach lets his coordinators master their expertise without meddling.Thats the way were doing it here with Bud, Fuente said. I want those guys to feel like they can go game plan and really hone in on their area of expertise within the frameworks of what were trying to set forth as a team. How nice is it to have good coaches on your staff? Its fantastic, whether its Bud, or (sepcial teams coordinator) James Shibest or (offensive coordinator) Brad Cornelsen or any of the guys that weve got.Foster, in his 30th season at Virginia Tech and 21st as defensive coordinator, has created a defensive culture in which his players are well aware of a decorated past, and their duty to make sure they join the ranks.It keeps them from getting comfortable when things seem to be going well.We always want to keep getting better each and every game, cornerback Brandon Facyson said. Theres always something we can work on to make our defense better than what it was the week before. Each week we just go into it (and see) what are the little things that we can fix to make our defense go to a step up from last weeks game.In the new world of Fuente and Foster, its the way both insist their players think.It truly is 12 one-game seasons. All those things can disappear if we dont take care of our business, Fuente said, adding that its the way the team has approached each game to date that has made their success happen. ... If we stop doing things, then well no longer find ourselves in this situation.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr ;Cheap Bruins Jerseys Authentic/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Cheap Adidas Bruins Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. http://www.cheapbruinsjerseys.com//>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. AMES, Iowa -- Trever Ryen was sitting in a dorm room at Northern Iowa watching Iowa State playing Texas when he got the itch to play football again.Ryen had given up the game for a track scholarship with the Panthers. But when Ryen saw the Cyclones battle the Longhorns under the lights on national television, he realized he was letting his dream of playing at Iowa State pass him by.In my head I was like, `Man. Itd be so sweet playing at Jack Trice (Stadium) at night, Ryen said. After watching that game I was like, `You know what? Screw it. Im going to go try to live the dream.The Cyclones (1-4, 0-2 Big 12) are thrilled he did. Ryen, a junior wide receiver, enters this weekends game at Oklahoma State (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) as the nations leader in punt return average.He is averaging 22.3 yards on seven returns. Four of them have gone at least 25 yards, with a long of 55.Not bad for a kid who received hardly any attention from Division I schools in high school.Ryen grew up in tiny Ida Grove, Iowa, as a track star, winning the 100 and 200 meter races at the state meet as a senior. Despite also scoring 19 touchdowns that year, Ryens only football offers were from FCS and Division II schools. Like many kids looking for a way to help pay for college, Ryen accepted a track scholarship. But Ryen left Northern Iowa after just one season to pursue a football career at Iowa State -- despite the fact that there was no promise hed ever see the field.Iowa State was happy to take a chance on Ryen as a walk-on, redshirting him in 2014.The following season, Ryen fllashed his speed with an eye-opening performance in the spring game. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">. Ryen was arguably the best player on the field that day.Hes had that (walk-on) mindset ever since, running back Mike Warren said. Hes going to come to work every day and bring his best to the table.By the fall of 2015, Ryen had so impressed the coaching staff that they gave him a scholarship after just two games.Ryen didnt put up monster numbers last year, catching 18 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown and rushing for 71 yards. But Ryen was one of just eight players nationally who scored on a run, a pass and a punt return.This season, new coach Matt Campbell and the Cyclones have expanded Ryens role. He has helped spark a team that has scored 86 points in its last two games.Ryen was a force against Baylor last week, catching five passes for a team-high 75 yards as Iowa State nearly pulled off the upset.He works really hard. He wants to get better. I dont know if he has plans to play at the next level or not, but he works like he wants to, quarterback Joel Lanning said.The work ethic and a fearlessness on the field -- similar to what Ryen showed in chasing his Division I dream -- have made him one of the nations top return men.You cant be scared when youre back there, Ryen said. I have no fear of catching a punt. I always think of the outcome like, `If I can a big return here, it can change the game.---Online: www.collegefootball.ap.org ;Cheap NFL Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap Jerseys From China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Wholesale Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> NFL Cheap Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> ' ' '