and put Rutgers in the best position to pick up the first Big Ten | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 29

With the first full week of college football just 10 days away, we look back at Temples 10 sacks in last seasons stunning 27-10 win over Penn State. Cheap MLB Jerseys . It was Temples first win over the Nittany Lions since 1941.Current Pittsburgh Steelers rookie?Tyler Matakevich notched three of the Owls?sacks and totaled seven tackles in the win. At the end of the season, the standout linebacker was recognized as the nations best defensive player as recipient of both the Chuck Bednarik Award and the Bronko Nagurski Trophy.The Owls proved to be no fluke after Week 1, finishing 10-4 and even making some noise as a New Years Six contender. They?added notable wins over Cincinnati and No. 21 Memphis, while giving No. 9 Notre Dame all it could handle in a 24-20 loss.Temple opens the 2016 season against Army at Lincoln Financial Field on Friday, Sept. 2, at 7 p.m. ET.?In case you missed any part of our countdown:11 days: Navy won a school-record 11 games last season12 days: Alabama has won 12 straight games, the longest active FBS streak.13 days: Lucky number 13 for a trio of teams last season.14 days: Boise State has played in 14 straight bowl games.15 days: Kansas has lost 15 straight games, the longest active FBS streak.16 days: Peyton Manning wore No. 16 for Tennessee.17 days: TCU QBs completed 17 of 17 passes in a game in 2012, an FBS record.18 days: Ohio State has won an FBS-best 18 consecutive road games.19 days: There are 19 head coaches at their alma mater this season.20 days: It has been 20 years since Florida won its first national championship.21 days:?Oklahoma led the nation in average scoring margin (21.5) last season.22 days: Ohio State has been in the top 10 of the AP poll for 22 straight weeks.23 days:?Virginia Tech has played in an FBS-best 23 straight bowl games.24 days:?In the first game of the historic rivalry, Navy beat Army 24-0.25 days:?Michigans Desmond Howard won the Heisman 25 years ago.26 days:?Arkansas State led the nation with 26 interceptions in 2015.27 days: Clemsons Greg Huegel led the nation with 27 field goals in 2015.28 days: Adrian Peterson wore No. 28 for Oklahoma.29 days: Alabamas Bryant-Denny Stadium opened in 1929.30 days: Miamis Vinny Testaverde won the Heisman 30 years ago. Cheap NFL Jerseys Online .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Cheap MLB Jerseys China . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. http://www.wholesalemlbauthenticjerseys.com/ . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Giovanni Rescigno beat the odds to become Rutgers starting quarterback.When spring practice opened under first-year coach Chris Ash, Rescigno was third behind incumbent Chris Laviano and Hayden Rettig, who started the season opener last year and was the backup the rest of the way. The addition of TCU transfer Zach Allen and highly touted freshman Tylin Oden in the summer beefed up the competition.Oden was viewed as the quarterback of the future given his dual-threat ability in offensive coordinator Drew Mehringers power-spread offense.However, Rescigno kept his name in the mix. And when Ash benched Laviano during a 24-7 loss to Illinois after completing 48.3 percent of his passes for 748 yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions this season, he turned to Rescigno to lead Rutgers (2-6, 0-5 Big Ten) offense.What caught the eye of the coaches was Rescignos play as the scout team quarterback before a game against Illinois. By mimicking dual-threat quarterback Chayce Crouch, Rescigno displayed his ability to run the football, a key in Mehringers offense.Thats something Ive always loved to do -- is run the football -- and it was a great time to go all out and give the defense a great look. I think I did a pretty good job, Rescigno said.But I took that as an opportunity where?coach Ash gets to watch me run the ball, which, I think, worked out for me pretty well, he added. I actually thought it was a blessing that I got the chance to do that.After coming in in relief for Laviano against Illinois, Rescigno got his first collegiate start at Minnesota.Me and Coach Ash had talked about it earlier (saying), `You know what, this kids got some things to him, but I dont know if he had the reps or the experience to fulfill all of his pottential, Mehringer said. Cheap MLB Jerseys 2018. I think it was at that moment where coach Ash said, `Hey, this kid has a chance, and hes done a nice job for us.The redshirt sophomore sparked a struggling Scarlet Knights offense. Out of 128 FBS teams, Rutgers ranks 126th in total offense (307.6 yards per game), 124th in scoring offense (18.5 points per game), 122nd in passing offense (138.8 yards per game) and 72 in rushing offense (168.9 yards per game).With Rescigno starting, Rutgers had its best offensive performance in a Big Ten game this season. The Scarlet Knights had 150 rushing yards and 222 passing yards for 372 total yards. They had 22 first downs and went 10 for 19 on third downs in a 34-32 loss at Minnesota before last weeks bye. Rescigno went 22 of 38 for 220 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions.The transition to the starting quarterback has been great, Rescigno said. The guys have been really good to me. They made me feel comfortable. I think that showed in the game. I played really comfortable and I wasnt nervous at all and that has a lot to do with the team and how they handled it and I just kept them motivated going into practice.Rescigno spent the bye week healing his tweaked hamstring in preparation for his second career start when Rutgers hosts Indiana on Saturday. Hes been meeting with Mehringer to see how he can improve and put Rutgers in the best position to pick up the first Big Ten win in over a year.Theres definitely things I need to work on and fix, Rescigno said. And Im going to keep working on that going forward so we can get some wins.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '